Clinical or behavioural studies that involve human participants require an ethics application review and approval to ensure ethical standards are met and the welfare of study participants is protected. Here are links help you get started on your ethics application.
- UBC Office of Research Ethics – Oversees and manages the process of reviewing and monitoring research involving human participants
- UBC Behavioural Research Ethics – UBC’s Behavioural Research Ethics Board (BREB) is responsible for reviewing behavioural or social sciences/humanities research, or research that may involve the study of patients or health care providers
- UBC Clinical Research Ethics – The Clinical Research Ethics Board (CREB) reviews research that involves surgery, clinical interventions, exercise programs, and/or the analysis of clinical data
- UBC RISe – An online research administration tool to track your research ethics application
- UBC/Children’s and Women’s Health of British Columbia Research Ethics